While Luke takes after his daddy in his mechanical ability, he takes after me in one respect -- we're both far more comfortable with the routine of the school year than with summertime loosey goosey-ness. For me, getting back in the school routine is like .... you know, I don't have a good analogy to use anymore. Once upon a time I would have said kicking off my high heels and putting on my favorite slippers, but I can't even remember the last time I've worn heels. Or I could compare it to putting on a pair of jeans that's so old and worn they've long since conformed to your shape -- but shape is no longer a constant in my life; it's a variable. So let's just say I love routine. My days have a shape and a purpose again, and that's a good thing.
Of course, it changes tomorrow. That'll be the little kids' first day of school, and it will be my first free day since Anthony was born (since by the time he was old enough for MDO, Ava was here). I wonder how long it will take me to stop running to the living room every couple of minutes to see why they're being so dangerously quiet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the "shape is a variable" comment! How true after 3 kids and 3 c-sections! Enjoy your peaceful day!!
Post a Comment