Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's the little things...

Who knew I'd be so excited about Anthony making it through his first diaper-free day of school without an accident? I didn't realize how much I had worried about this all summer until I saw him there in the carpool line wearing the same clothes he had on this morning. The poor kid has had a tough time with the potty. He's terrified of that flushing sound. I have a few choice words for the person who invented those darn automatic things that have traumatized my child and eroded his trust in me ("I promise I won't flush it until you walk away..."). He was so proud of himself: "I went two times! And one time I got it all in there and not on the flo'!". Like I said, it's the little things.

Ava had a great first day, too, but she's pooped and not as talkative as Anthony...but then, few people are.

No comments: