So today was Luke's first day of kindergarten. I know the supermommy myth insists that all moms of kindergarteners are heartbroken on the first day, but let's be honest. After a summer of lugging all three of them with me every time I need a gallon of milk (when the heat index outside is 106, you can imagine what it's like inside the van) -- and don't even get me started on getting gas -- I'm ready for the necessities of life to be a little easier. So today was a cause for celebration (made easier by the fact that Luke was sooooo excited).
Anyway, I decided to celebrate by taking Anthony and Ava for a walk, something I haven't done all summer (I'm a little too daunted by the prospect of taking three kids for a long walk in a double jogger). I thought it would be nice and peaceful, but I should have known better. McCain and Obama have nothing on these two when it comes to vying for attention (and for the last word). Here's a sample of what I heard for the duration of the walk:
Ava: Mommy! When my was a grown up, one day my climbed a tree and then my bumped into the sky and then my fell down and then my didn't know and then my didn't know AGAIN!
Anthony: momEEEEEEEEEEEEE! One day when my was a daddy, my climbed a tree and then my fell down and then my got hurt and then my laughed and then my went up to the sky and then my climbed a tree AGAIN!
I spent most of my supposedly rejuvenating walk allocating speaking times (the distinguished toddler from Germantown has the floor...). Next time I'm just going to the gym so I can watch campaign coverage on TV. It's nowhere near as brutal...and those TVs have a mute button.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment