We're working hard on proper church behavior. I know it's tough for little kids to sit still, but come on -- we go to 7:30 Mass, and it only lasts about 45 minutes. Being relatively still and quiet isn't too much to ask for that short a time, is it? Epecially when they're barely awake.
Apparently so. The kids were already fighting on the way to church this morning -- and it's a really short drive, so they had to get at it as soon as we pulled out of the driveway. You know those big LCD signs they have on some interstates to warn you of bad road conditions ahead? Well, this was one of those, and it was flashing, "Danger, Danger! Humiliation and embarrassment ahead!". It was bad enough when we had anonymity. Or at least I thought we did, but then people at school started mentioning how they recognized us from church. Gulp.
So...I did it. I threw down a major gauntlet. I told them that I would not allow them to embarrass us in church and that, if they acted up, we'd leave -- and they would lose all privileges for the rest of the day.
It seemed to work. That took care of squirming, whining, begging to go home, wrestling on the pews, etc. The one thing I forgot to say? "Don't lick your brother's tongue in church!" And that about says it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now that's a kodak moment! I guess if you are going to present a list of unacceptable behaviors you have think of ALL of the "off limits" behaviors because sure enough....
Post a Comment